Sunday, January 8, 2012

1st 2012 post...

Happy New Year everybody!
Australian Chris and Lauran stayed over during New Years Eve and for a couple of Days after. After help-Xing for Isa and Humphrey in the Alpujarras, they went to Edinburgh for christmas and then here for New Year.
We celebrated with them and had a great time. We had a BBQ with them on the 1st of January and yesterday we (except Mum) walked half way up the mountain near the house. It was the only windy day there had been in a while so we couldn't get to the top. On the way down, I tripped and face-planted a prickely bush. It was really sore and I'vd got red dotes all over my hands and face where the points pricked me. It was quite funny afterwards though.
When Chris and Lauran were here they showed us how to make dampers ,a traditional simple Australian snack. We cooked them over an open fire and ate them with jam and honey.

_DSC0281_DSC0282_DSC0971_DSC0979_DSC0999_DSC0984_DSC1028DSC02761


 
------------------------------------------------------------

Colmenar
Before the Australians came, we went to a town called Colmenar nearby. Colmenar means beehive in Spanish and the town is renowned for its production of honey.
In the second picture, you can see me on my J-board. I am on the main road going down a hill in this picture with the rest of them in the car in front. I fell of eventually and got a nasty cut but it was really fun!

DSC02744


DSC02745

No comments: