Sunday, December 4, 2011

Post 4

Recently, I’ve been trying to speak to the locals more, in order to boost my Spanish speaking ability. So yesterday (Saturday) when I went up to Alphonso’s bar to get online, I talked to various people (in Spanish) about some stuff. I was with Jaimie and his friends playing football for most of the afternoon so I asked about what the words were for things and what he meant when I don't understand him and for the things which I couldn’t understand and he couldn’t explain (he only speaks Spanish), we used google translator!! The translations were really funny :)

Also, on Saturday afternoon Mum and Jay went to Malaga (not Velez Malaga) in Caroline’s car which was lent to us by them because they were going back to Britain for a while. Malaga was Picasso’s birthplace so there is a museum there which Jay and Mum went to see. They had a great time.

Every Tuesday and Friday, we (Mum, Dad, Jay and I) have been doing music sessions. We take a song we like, and copy it as best we can. At the moment, we are working on two songs; Mum, Dad and I are doing “Mr Jones” by Counting Crows and we are all doing “Where is the love” by the Black Eyed Peas. In Mr Jones, I play the drums (it’s actually just two sticks, a chopping board and a pan!) and in Where is the love I clap the beat and do a bit of singing.

As for the work on the house, Dad has been cementing up the holes in the walls outside and then Juanita (the cat) has been walking all over it!

Capture

We have started white washing the walls too but we ran out of paint so we’re waiting for money to buy some more, from the landlady.

There is only one close (as in not far away) internet connection which we’ve got the details for but it is very flighty and unreliable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Correction from Post 2

Quote:

Yesterday (Monday) I asked some Spanish men where I might find some and I ended up getting 4 courgettes (not a misunderstanding, he was just being friendly)!!

Correction: I got 4 aubergines not 4 courgettes

p.s I’m glad you find it funny Uncle Robbie!

No comments: