Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bins are cool!!

Spanish people aren't big recyclers so most of their perfectly good stuff goes straight in the bins instead of to a second-hand or charity shop. Because of this phenomenon, I've been getting into the habit of looking in the bins close to the house. You might think the whole thing a bit weird and a waste of time, but I've found some cool stuff.

I've found:

  • some firewood

  • a frying pan

  • a serving tray

  • a bin bag full of perfectly clean and usable socks

  • 5 trendy t-shirts my size

  • A clean and almost unused pair of tennis shoes, size 41 (I'm size 39)

  • some other shoes which were too big for me

and my favorite one of all,

  • a new bed for Oz which fits him perfectly

All that at absolutely no cost! Also, all the clothes and shoes smelt like they'd just came out of the wash.

DSC02574 DSC02576

This is Oz in his new (second-hand really) bed and my oversized tennis shoes Smile.

No comments: